Thursday, July 21, 2011

Best surprise ever!

   Granny's 80th birthday weekend was all that we had hoped for!

      She got tipsy and had her own "stripper"-all in the company of 18 family members. In all she had 3 surprises. The first one was with Jeannie, Andy, and Heather. The all showed up at her door Thursday evening, the night before her birthday. Then, the next morning, they all went out to eat at Denny's and Uncle Eddy was sitting at one of the tables. In the few moments after sitting at the table, they were all surprised when Aunt Joni showed up holding menus. They all took Granny and Papa to the Beachcomber Hotel in Pompano Beach. They had no idea that Granny's sister and nieces and nephews were also in the hotel and had checked in on Thursday or early Friday. I got in around 3 pm, went home for a bit, picked up the cakes, and then made it the Beachcomber at around 6:30. I snuck into the Villa where much the family was already waiting for the surprise. We placed balloons around, passed around noisemakers, and opened up the cakes. Uncle Eddy went over to the beach bar to round up Granny and Papa. Granny had a few Vodka Collins so she came in ready to party. Uncle Eddy opened the door, and we all screamed "Happy Birthday". After hugging my Dad, she moved towards the door and stood at the doorway with a look of shock that lasted 30 seconds. I was so happy for her and it brought me to tears to see her reaction. :)

Weekend Highlights





















   The weather was perfect for the beach! The food was great and very tasty -we definitely ate very well this weekend! 2 hotel breakfasts, pizza night, and the Cheesecake factory take-out! Delicious! It was a very quick weekend-but the memories will last forever.

    It was kinda hard for me to get back into the swing of things coming back to work on Tuesday, but I'm settled now and have lots to look forward to-finishing up my project, my Dad coming to visit me at the end of the internship and going to the Grand Canyon with him, spending some time home with family, moving back to school, and seeing my friends again.

   I'm just continuing with my data-taking. Down to the last two weeks of data-taking and analysis. Hopefully, I'll find some trend or have something to write about! The poster session is August 9th-pretty much just around the corner. My time here has flown by-I know I have some time to go, but the past weeks have gone by so quickly. My advisor and I weren't able to meet this week so next week we have lots to look at. I'll be analyzing my hyperspectral images (Images taken from an agricultural camera that show how the green roof plants are responding to changing weather conditions by looking at green they are-or what they are emitting in the infrared spectrum). I'll also be looking at the relationship between soil moisture and temperature. Does more soil moisture lead to a significant decrease in soil temperate. Naturally, you would expect that there is a relationship and we do expect it to be true.  But we're checking if the change is significant and trying to determine what is the minimal amount of water needed for plant success and low temperatures. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment